Revo Uninstaller Pro user’s guide
Revo Uninstaller Pro helps you uninstall software and remove unwanted programs, apps and browser extensions installed on your computer, even when you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from the “Programs and Features” and/or “Apps and features” applets in Windows.
Revo Uninstaller Pro is a much faster and more powerful alternative to the “Programs and Features” and “Apps and features” applets. It allows you to efficiently manage your installed programs and apps.
Programs can leave a lot of data in your computer after their removal. There are tens of thousands of applications that leave a lot of unused data, such as Registry entries, files and folders. Not all leftover Registry entries in your computer can be classified as errors, so third party Registry cleaners cannot detect them. Leftover Registry entries, in combination with leftover files, make Registry cleaners’ jobs ineffective. Revo Uninstaller Pro helps you remove the Registry entries, files and folders, left by the program you uninstall.
With its advanced and fast algorithms, Revo Uninstaller Pro analyzes the application’s data before uninstallation, and scans your computer for leftovers after the built-in uninstaller of the program you are uninstalling finishes. After the program’s regular uninstaller runs, you can remove additional unnecessary files, folders and Registry entries, usually left over on your computer.
Even if you have a broken (corrupt) installation of an application, Revo Uninstaller Pro can scan your hard disk drives and Windows Registry, and show all files, folders and Registry entries found, so you can delete them easily.
Using Revo Uninstaller Pro it is also easy to uninstall Windows Apps that come pre-installed with the latest versions of Windows, or are afterwards installed by the user from the Microsoft Store, where you have access to tens of thousands of apps. As with the uninstallation of a program, Revo Uninstaller Pro searches for leftover files, folders, and Registry entries, and allows you to delete them.
There are some programs that mislead you to install unwanted browsers extensions, or do so silently. These browser extensions change your browser settings without your approval, thus compromise your browsing experience. Revo Uninstaller Pro’s “Browser Extensions” module lets you remove such unwanted add-ons from the most popular browsers – Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Revo Uninstaller Pro also has a very powerful feature called Forced Uninstall. With it you can remove leftovers of programs that are already uninstalled, incomplete installations, and remnants of programs. It does not matter if the program you want to remove is not listed in the “Programs and Features” or “Apps and features” applets. Forced Uninstall is the best solution when you have to remove partially installed or uninstalled programs, and programs not listed as installed at all.
With its Hunter mode, Revo Uninstaller Pro offers you simple, easy to use, yet effective and powerful software removal features. You can use it to manage your installed and/or running programs directly from your Desktop, using their icons or opened windows.
Revo Uninstaller Pro has another feature, which allows monitoring an installation of a program for a complete removal. Revo Uninstaller Pro detects changes done to the system in real-time, during the installation of the program itself: it records what files, folders, and Registry entries are created, deleted, and modified. This feature is also very powerful, because by monitoring system changes during the installation, we eliminate the necessity of all scanning algorithms applied during the uninstallation. You can use the installation log for a complete removal of the program, just as if it had never been installed at all.
The Import Log and Export Log commands let you easily share logs with anyone using Revo Uninstaller Pro, thus being sure you are doing the ultimate uninstall of the programs you have installed. For example, if you have problems uninstalling Program A or just want to do a better uninstall of it, and a friend of yours has installed and traced the same program, and has a log, he can just export the log, and send it to you. You can then import it, and use it to uninstall the program just as if you had traced its installation yourself.
Another important part of Revo Uninstaller Pro is the Logs Database. It is a database of logs of programs, traced through the monitoring module of Revo Uninstaller Pro, and managed by Revo Uninstaller Pro‘s team. Those logs are stored on our web site, and you can easily (one click only) use them to uninstall a program with its respective log, or to remove leftovers of a previously uninstalled program.
For the best uninstallation experience there is an integration between the installed programs, the user-made logs of traced programs, and the Logs Database, so when you start uninstalling a program, Revo Uninstaller Pro will search for the best possible way to uninstall said program, and decide if a log, if any, whether traced by the users or maintained by Logs Database, can be used for the task.
Revo Uninstaller Pro has a multi-level backup system. The Backup Manager is the main part of that system. It helps you manage backup information stored by Revo Uninstaller Pro, such as deleted Registry entries, files, and folders. The other levels of the backup system are:
- Creating a System Restore Point before each uninstallation
- Full Registry backup before each uninstallation
- Full Registry backup once a day, if Revo Uninstaller Pro is started.
Revo Uninstaller Pro gives you another 6 handy and powerful tools to clean up your system. Here is the list of the tools and utilities included in Revo Uninstaller Pro:
- Autorun Manager – Stop programs, services, and scheduled tasks that start automatically with Windows, thus speeding up the loading of the operating system.
- Junk Files Cleaner – Find and remove unnecessary files from your computer; free up disk space, and delete files you do not need.
- Windows Tools – Handy and useful tools bundled with every version of Windows; easily find useful system tools and options.
- History Cleaner – This module allows you to clean data at once or separately in three cleaning sub-modules. Browsers Cleaner allows you to clear the visited pages and address bar history, delete cookies and temporary Internet files (cache) of the following web browsers: Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Opera; free up a lot of disk space by deleting temporary Internet files like cached videos, Flash files, images, etc. Windows Cleaner allows you to clear the history of recently opened files in various programs, delete temporary Windows files, empty the Recycle Bin, delete unnecessary crash dump files, etc. Microsoft Office Cleaner allows you to clear the history of the most recently used files in Microsoft Office.
- Evidence Remover – Make sure already deleted files, folders and other data are unrecoverable by wiping the free space on your hard drives; securely erase your data.
- Unrecoverable Delete – Erase files and folders forever; be sure that nobody could recover your files and folders after their deletion.