How to perform a Clean Boot on Windows 8.x or Windows 10
- Use the combination Win+R on your keyboard (press and hold the "Windows" key, then press the "R" key) to open the Run dialog window.
- In the Run dialog window type msconfig, and press Enter (or click OK).
- This will open the system configuration utility go to the Services tab, check the option Hide all Microsoft services, and click the Disable all button.
- Then go to the Startup tab, and click Open Task Manager.
- There are two ways to disable an entry. One is to select it, and click Disable; the other is to right click it Disable. Use whichever method is more convenient to you. You will need to repeat this for every entry in the list.
- After you are done, reboot your computer.
To return back to Normal Mode, simply repeat the steps above, but re-enable all the disabled entries, then reboot again.